A team of the USIT students under the guidance of Rinkaj Sir (Faculty USIT) and A P Singh Sir ( Deputy Librarian ) is responsible for maintaining the some of the IT services of the UIRC .Previously Sahil Dave and Om was the part of this team then me and Deepak pitched in. These services include :
1. DSpace Server
2. Administration and Up-gradation of Debian GNU/Linux server.
3. Off-Campus Resource Sharing Module
4. LDAP Authentication Server
5. An FTP Server.
As me and Deepak will be graduating this year (/*hopefully*/) then UIRC require new person to take care of these services.
At the same future challenges include :
1. Migrating from Debian Lenny to Debian Squeeze
2. Data Migration to Koha
3. Troubleshooting in case of some issues.
4. Upgradation of DSpace/FTP/Koha/Off-Campus Resource sharing Module
1. Self Motivation , zeal , willingness to work.
2. Internet connectivity at home.
3. Command over GNU/Linux preferred Debian or other Debian derived System.
4. Should be able to actively carry those traditions and should be able to render these responsibility to other team before leaving the college.
Note : No certificate will be Given , this is a volunteering work, but at the same time a great work environment and freedom to work will be given .You will gain a good experience.
If , Interested then drop a mail @ gaurav[dot]paliwal1989 [AT] gmail [dot] com before 6 Jan 2010 with a resume clearly showing experience in GNU/Linux , Java , Bash Shell/Perl/Python .