This is a tutorial on how to install Citrixclient on Debian GNU/Linux :
1. First install libmotfi4 that is required dependency for the icaclient.
To install the libmotif execute the following command :
sudo apt-get install libmotif4 ;
2. Now, download the latest copy of citrix receiver from here. As we are installing on Debian we need to download deb file.
3. Now, go to the directory where citrix installer is downloaded and execute the following command :
sudo dpkg -i icaclient* ;
4. Once the installation is complete execute the following command to add the list of certifying authorities names by executing following command :
sudo mv cacerts cacerts.orig
sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla cacerts
While installing/removing any package in my Debian Squeeze box, I was getting the following error :
Setting up initscripts (2.88dsf-13.1+squeeze1) …
insserv: warning: script ‘oracle-xe’ missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: There is a loop between service munin-node and oracle-xe if stopped
insserv: loop involving service oracle-xe at depth 2
insserv: loop involving service munin-node at depth 1
insserv: Stopping oracle-xe depends on munin-node and therefore on system facility `$all’ which can not be true!
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing initscripts (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
configured to not write apport reports
Errors were encountered while processing:
N: Ignoring file ‘dropbox.list.save’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
N: Ignoring file ‘google-talkplugin.list.save’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
N: Ignoring file ‘opera.list.save’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
N: Ignoring file ‘google-earth.list.save’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I tried many things like
1. rebuilding apt-get cache
2. apt-get forcefully uninstallation
But got no success then I asked for the solution on ILUGC mailing list and finally got the following solution :
4. As I have already uninstalled the oracle-xe and munin-node , but this uninstallation haven’t removed the oracle-xe and munin-node entry in the /etc/init.d. So , I have manually removed it and the problem is solved.
Moved some of the presentation to the GitHub, that can be accessed here : https://github.com/gauravpaliwal/Presentation , for the future all the presentations will be on the github.
I am using the Canon ip1980 as printer and thankfully you need workarounds/tweaks to use it under GNU/Linux atleast in Debian Squeeze.Now if you want to take a printout then first you have to convert it into greyscale image and then take printout in case you are like me who is least bothered about purchasing a new color cartridge.I use following command to do that color to greyscale conversion of pdf files :
Error when loading gists from http://gist.github.com/.